The dream of human and elephant coexistence is now being outwardly displayed by successfully rehabilitating elephants by human trainers. Healed elephants from the sanctuary are returned with their newly, wild-born calves to be introduced to their “human allograndmothers”. This illustrates that elephants, like humans, have an intricate “web” of social tiers. Elephants are beginning to associate humans as their own. This connection is “mutually benefiting interspecies culture”. OED definition of word "mutually" is “so as to reciprocate the same or an equivalent action, feeling, or effect”. It is benefiting our relationship between animals like elephants and humans. Sheldrick Trust, I think, is only the beginning of the “interspecies culture”. With this continuing effort, I think we will fully appreciate the complex similarities between elephants and us.
Your response is very well thought out and eloquently written. For future reference, I believe that punctuation marks belong inside of the quotation marks.
ReplyDelete